Our Care Center’s primary focus is to be a partner for all your health needs be they preventive, acute/urgent, or chronic. Our philosophy is to provide you with a complete care package that is specifically designed for you as an individual. We believe that coordination of care is critical in this ever-changing (and rapidly advancing) medical field. Dr. Shamim will work with you to develop and achieve your health and wellness goals.
Dr. Shamim is board certified in Internal Medicine and has completed a fellowship in Geriatrics. His skill set brings the world of primary care and acute care together. After completing his fellowship he worked as a primary care physician in Northern Neck, VA and then in Silver Spring, MD. For the last 10 years, he worked as a Hospitalist, where he served as Director of the Hospitalist Service at Washington Adventist Hospital. Concurrently he was (and still is) the Medical Director of two nursing homes in Montgomery County. He understands the primary care and hospital care very well. He has privileges at Washington Adventist, Shady Grove, and Suburban Hospitals.
We offer same-day visits for urgent needs, annual physicals, geriatric health, promotional and preventive health consultations, chronic disease management, as well as complex medical conditions. We are conveniently located in the Rockville/Bethesda area, easily accessible by metro.
About Privia Medical Group
Our practice is a proud member of Privia Medical Group - a physician-led, multi-speciality, national medical group. The nation’s top primary care physicians and specialists came together to form Privia Medical Group and share in the mission of providing better, more coordinated care to patients.
Our group focuses on taking accountability for the health and wellness of the patients we serve. We use some of the latest advances in medicine to help our patients remain healthy and better manage disease by offering our patients access to innovative health management technologies, proactive team-based care, and an evidenced-based, patient-centered approach.
Here’s what sets Privia Medical Group apart from traditional practices:
- Nationally recognized top physicians and healthcare professionals
- Physician-led, high-performance medical group
- Unhurried, comprehensive visits, with time to develop the right care plan
- Personalized care that exceeds your expectations
- Collaborative, team-based medical group
- Staffed with Health Coaches, Nurse Educators, Pharmacists, and Care Managers
- Same-day/next-day appointments available
- Care reminders and alerts
- Check ins with clinical experts between your office visits
- Book appointments and renew prescriptions online
- Send and receive secure messages with your care team
- Secure access to electronic medical records
- Pay your invoices by credit card, securely and conveniently
Security and Privacy of Patient Information
We work diligently to ensure our patients’ information remains confidential and secure.
Not only is our team trained in modern privacy standards (such as HIPAA and PCI compliance), but we also keep your information secure with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption, firewalls, secure servers (including 24/7 surveillance and biometric access), and many more measures to ensure your information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
To learn more about Privia Medical Group and find other Privia doctors, please visit our website.